1.”YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOUR PROCESS. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN THE THINGS THAT YOU ARE DOING TO HELP THE TEAM WIN. I THINK YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD.”
2.“NOTHING SURPRISES ME ANYMORE IN THE NFL.”
Brady being the team’s primary starter for 18 seasons, led the Patriots to 17 division titles, including 11 consecutive (2009 to 2019), 13 AFC Championship Games (including 8 straight from 2011 to 2018), 9 Super Bowl appearances, and 6 Super Bowl titles, all NFL records for a player and franchise.
3. “TOO OFTEN IN LIFE, SOMETHING HAPPENS AND WE BLAME OTHER PEOPLE FOR US NOT BEING HAPPY OR SATISFIED, OR FULFILLED. SO THE POINT IS, WE ALL HAVE CHOICES, AND WE MAKE THE CHOICE TO ACCEPT PEOPLE OR SITUATIONS OR TO NOT ACCEPT SITUATIONS.”
- Spoken at an interview in 2008
- New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady will go down in history as the greatest football player never to go down in history.
- This was quoted by him when he spoke about his dad’s teachings.
- Brady says he admires his father above all others and calls his father “selfless.”
- Also says, “We all have experiences in our lives that change us, and we all learn from people, like my dad, but at the end of the day, it’s only us. And we’re only responsible for making ourselves happy.”
4. “A LOT OF TIMES I FIND THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE BLESSED WITH THE MOST TALENT DON’T EVER DEVELOP THAT ATTITUDE, AND THE ONES WHO AREN’T BLESSED IN THAT WAY ARE THE MOST COMPETITIVE AND HAVE THE BIGGEST HEART.”
Spoken during an interview with Matthew McConaughey for the ‘Interview Magazine’ in 2012.
MCCONAUGHEY: Does mental toughness come into play?
BRADY: I’m fortunate to play for a coach [Bill Belichick] who I think is the best in the NFL. The way he communicates with his players gives us a great competitive advantage. Every quarterback can throw a ball; every running back can run; every receiver is fast; but that mental toughness that you talk about translates into competitiveness. A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don’t ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren’t blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.
5. “THE TRUE COMPETITORS, THOUGH, ARE THE ONES WHO ALWAYS PLAY TO WIN.”
Spoken during an interview with Matthew McConaughey for the Interview Magazine in 2012.
MCCONAUGHEY: How much are you playing to win versus playing not to lose?
BRADY: I think that at the start of a game, you’re always playing to win, and then maybe if you’re ahead late in the game, you start playing not to lose. The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win. I’d like to think that is my team’s approach.